Home / Filled Zones 81

Search in this set

I use a technique I call "Filled Zones" to create paintings, especially for larger paintings.
I use a dark color and squirt out lines and curves all over the canvas until the zones between the lines are about a square inch or two.
Then I fill those zones with different colors. I'll usually do a swipe after that.

Here's my blog page about the filled zone technique: capturedchaosart.com/zones

Here's a video that shows the technique being used to create a 9x12 painting ( fz-034): Filled Zones: Acrylic Pour Painting